Saving WAV files for PABX systems
Users send audio file from phones and pcs in all different formats
Using Audacity you can transcode to a basic WAV file for PABX and TPG Bizphone
- Download Audacity here
- open the sound file in audcity
- Trim out silence at the ends and adjust the volume (Effect >Amplify)
- If stereo, click above Mute/Solo and choose Tracks > Stereo Track to Mono.
- Set Project Rate (bottom left) to 8000 Hz.
- Go to File > Export Audio…
- Choose WAV
- Choose WAV (Microsoft) header.
- Choose “U-Law” Encoding (this sets 8-bit, and 8 kHz).
- Edit the file name and be sure it ends in “.wav”.
- Click Save.
Then load in PABX or TPG BizPhone